Recent studies have shown that consuming one extremely popular food can have significantly negative effects on your overall health. The whole thing is revolving around the tapeworm Spirometra erinaceieuropaei, which causes Sparganosis – life-threatening parasitic infections.
According to a story published in a popular media outlet, a man had been infected with the tapeworm after going to Asia. Many people are not aware of the fact that countries such as China, Thailand, Japan and South Korea have the highest rate of this infection.
The infected man, after receiving various medical treatments for his chronic headache for a year, and after failing to diagnose the cause of the pain, the underwent an MRI, which only showed him to be diagnosed with the tapeworm, who by then, had been living there for four years.
There are a number of ways in which someone can get infected with worms, and one of the most common ways is by eating pork. Consuming pork from infected pigs which haven’t been properly cooked, or getting infected in the form of a larvae through contact with feces from an infected pig or human.
If the larvae infests in the nervous system, it can result in serious bran infections and complications, such as epilepsy and other.